- We deliver in pairs at a discount.
- Full day and weekly jet ski rentals anywhere on Lake Tahoe!
- Hourly rentals North Shore.
- Weekly and Full Day rates available at a discount.
Jet Skis are a great way to explore Lake Tahoe's Waters. Whether it's your son or daughter between your arms creating a life long memory as you swiftly glide atop Lake tahoe's Blue Waters (Maybe I shoulod write greeting cards in the winter instead of skiing Squaw?) or taking your wife or girlfriend to Emerald Bay for the first time, jet skis are awesome and fun.
*We don't let young kids drive our jet skis without parents, only with approved water safety course and born after 1983. I don't expect you to be an expert! If you don't know where the throttle is and what the lanyard does you should rent from one of my fine Lake Tahoe Jet Ski Rental colleagues for experience, then come to us for a discount on an all day rental.
Q & A
Q. Can I put three people on the jet ski?
A. Some yes, some no. Call to check on model.
Q. Can I keep it overnight on a daily rental?
A. No, only multi-day rentals.
Q. How much notice do I need to rent a jet ski?
A. Same day if available; we have watercraft stationed all over the Lake.
Q. Can these things flip?
A. You bet! They also could be damaged if you wait too long to get it upright, be quick!
Q. Do these have brakes?
A. Not these models.
Q. Do I need life jackets and a wetsuit?
A. We have life jackets for you to use free. Wetsuits are recommended on Tahoe and you can rent all over or bring your own.
Q. Do I need to pay for fuel?
A. Not for jet skis. Our Lake Tahoe Jet Ski Rentals get the first tank free!
Q. Do I pay for damage to the jet skis?
A. Yes, you pay for any and all damages immediately.
Q. What if I am late?
A. You are charged for every hour, by the hour, respectively.
Jet Ski Speed Basics
There are 4 basic speeds to a jet ski; trolling, sub planing speed, planing speed, and above planing speed.
1.Trolling is the lowest maneuvering speed; generally less than 15 mph and you are applying little or no gas. This is the setting you need within 600 meters of Lake Tahoe Shores! The Jet Ski will be flat in the water and there is no wake. Trolling is best for making slow turns, riding in reverse, or operating the PWC in crowded areas. Trolling speed is also great for trailering.
2. Sub planning speed is a medium 'just getting going speed' at about 15-30 mph. The bow is slightly raised out of the water and you are falling backward on the ski. You are still traveling through the water and there is a wake. The wake is more like a spray at this speed and will fly up and out. On Tahoe, within 600 meters of shoreline you'll be ticketred at this speed.
3.Planing speed is about 20- 30 mph depending on the size of the watercraft.
4. Above planing speeds are general riding speeds above 30 mph. At these speeds the watercraft is more level and skimming across the top of the water. Your wake will be wide and low. Give yourself plenty of time to stop.
Grip Handle Bars Firmly
- Place your feet firmly against the root on the floor.
- Lessen your speed.
- I like to cross at a 45 degree angle to the swelll, called quartering.
- Bend your knees and raise your butt a little off the seat to absorb the wave and power through it.
- Adjust the throttle and angle as you go. At lower degrees you will find more resistance in crossing wakes and swells.
- When quartering the watercraft may pull away from the wake but you must steer over it.
- Make sure to keep your face away from the handle bars so you don't get a bloody nose or a black eye.
- Do not use it in bad weather.
What to do if You Capsize
Hurry up! The water is freezing in Tahoe even in the summer so get a jump on it. Also, the longer you wait it could fill the engine compartment with water and it might not start if carburetor became filled with water. If you leave the ski upside down for even a minute or two it too long it could cause engine malfunction or even destruction.
Pull the clip to shut off the engine if it's not already. Next, swim to the back and lift up the bottom left corner while pushing down the right side to flip it back over. The ski should flip over with minimal difficulty, be quick, tough and strong. Then, get back on the PWC and start the engine. Operate the watercraft ABOVE planing speed for at least two minutes to expel any water remaining in the engine compartment. If your ski does not start or stay started, wait a couple of minutes and try again while flagging down a tow back to a safe dock.
Unfortunately, collisions cause more injuries and deaths than any other type of accident related to jet ski/personal watercrafts. As a driver, you must constantly look ahead, scan for people and other crafts. Be aware for objects floating, submerged rocks, fog or coming back in the dark. Stay 600 meters from shore to avoid hitting submerged rocks barely underneath the water. Stay away from other crafts 200 meters. Always stay alert and away from other boaters.
Never go near other riders, swimmers, or boaters to spray or splash them with water. You have to remember that you have no brakes and fooling around near people is dangerous and can kill someone. If you want to be cool throw on a wake board and throw a back flip, don't spray your cousin with the jet ski and clip him in the head because of poor judgment or ill conditions.You have no brakes and these will flip easy with an abrupt maneuver and too quick of turn.